Thursday, December 8, 2011

An Introduction of Sorts

I guess there is no better place to start than at the beginning.  I’m Michelle, I’m 25 years old now, was 23 when my son was born. I live in Ohio and have for most of my life.  I was originally born in Alabama and moved up here to live with my grandma.   I have been married since I was 19 (I know, young right?).  My husband is Andy and he is 4 years older than me.  We met my junior year of high school and his junior year of college. 
 We met at Pizza Hut where we both worked part time.  We had been friends for about a year or so before we dated (he refused to date me before I turned 18).  We dated and the next thing I know, we were engaged.  We got married about 3 months later (everyone thought that I was prego).  We chose to get married so quickly because my grandmother, who was battling cancer, was getting progressively more sick.  We had a small wedding in May and she passed away in August.  I am so thankful she was able to be at my wedding.
I absolutely love my husband and can’t say enough about him.  He has always been there for me through thick and thin and I couldn’t have been luckier to marry my soul mate.
I pass most of my time by spending time with my son first and foremost.  I love to cook and especially make cakes for special occasions.  I consider myself a photography hobbyist and have dabbled professionally.  I love to read and listen to music of all sorts.  I am currently obsessed with the True Blood series.  I’m on the second season.  I am an avid animal lover.  I have my A.S. in Veterinary Technology and have worked as a licensed vet tech for about two years.  I am currently working in an office unrelated to veterinary medicine.  Andy received his degree in computer engineering and technology and works for the local electric company.
We purchased our first house almost 4 years ago.  We have 3 wonderful crazy dogs (Sam, Mojo, Hera), 2 cats (Boots and Lucy), two ball pythons (Scuba Steve and Layla), our 16 month old son, Cameron and Baby #2 on the way!  We have a house full, that’s for sure.
Goal of my blog:  This blog is 100% raw, meaning I do not censor my feelings or thoughts.  I want to help people understand the blessings and struggles of life and especially being a mom (more specifically, the mom of a preemie).  I hope those who have a preemie or those who know of friends who are high risk or have a preemie can take something away from my experiences and know that you aren’t alone.  Best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your stories!