Monday, January 2, 2012

Its Been A While!

It's been quite awhile since I've updated my blog. I aplogized for that, as you all know these past few weeks have been such a blur! I was off work for about a week and a half and I feel like I have never worked so hard in my life! On the 22nd of December, I had my first doctors appointment with maternal fetal medicine. I had been there once before, when I was hospitalized with Cameron before he was born. The ultrasound technology that they have is incredible and they are VERY thorough. We got to find out the wonderful news, we are officially having another boy! I am absolutely ecstatic (and slightly financially releaved). We went that day and bought his first outfit. We did the same when Cameron was born. It's now sort of a tradition. The ultrasound that I had took about 40 minutes and we got a lot of great pictures. Its always funny to me to see their little faces because they look so creepy on ultrasound! I told the ultrasound tech I felt like I had a little alien inside and she laughed and probably thought I was crazy...which I might be...
That same week,the day before actually, I had my first progesterone shot. It didn't hurt initially like I had thought but the nurse that gave it to me rubbed the injection site for what seemed to be forever. Two hours later, it felt like I had skid across concrete. My injection site burned like I had never felt before! Luckily, that only lasted a day. The next day I had the typical bruise at the injection site but that was it. Christmas went well, we had a lot of fun opening gifts with Cameron. He is finally old enough now to understand opening presents, his attention span however isn't as mature so once he opened one gift it was all we could do to get him to move on to the next one. We spent Christmas day with my family and had dinner with them. That weekend was also the same weekend we had all of our furniture/belongings moved into the basement in preparation for the floors being refinished. What a task. It was very strange to see the house because it looked like we were moving out...until you looked in my basement. At that point, it looked like a very messy/confused family lived in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your stories!